Categories

söndag 19 september 2010

Feeling elfish? Let´s go away with faeries!

Topleft: LADY COTTINGTON'S PRESSED FAIRY BOOK is illustrated by Brian Froud and written by Terry Jones. Bottomleft: Four Fairy Costumes for "A Midsummer Night's Dream", William John Charles Pitcher, 1896-1903 Bottom right: The Spiderwick Chronicles is a series of children's books illustrated by Tony DiTerlizzi

The first memory I have of reading of faeries was a very treasured book a relative gave me when I was five. The book had beautiful illustrations of cute little houses in pretty colours, and even cuter little pixies and faeries.

Fifteen years later when I moved to England to study, I made friends with two girls the same age as me. They utterly adored these creatures and even wrote their dissertation on the subject. I slowly started to realise how popular faes are around the world!

If you are not feeling magical and Elfish, this is my toplist of pretty things and places that might get you into the right mood!

1. A visit to Cornwall and Three Wishes Faery Fest
2. You need a faery name, if you havn´t recieved one yet, try here
3. Sort out some fairylicious attire, for example Alienskin or on Etsy
4.To become a faery, you need a skill or talent of some sort! What is yours?
5. Read up on the mystery of the Cottingley Faires

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar